Theme song from another fine episode of Unpacking Coffee.
Theme song from this week’s unwieldy episode of the world’s best-dressed coffee show, Unpacking Coffee.
Theme song from this week’s unpredictable episode of the world’s best-travelled coffee show, Unpacking Coffee.
Theme song from this week’s gripping episode of the world’s preeminent coffee show, Unpacking Coffee.
- Guided by Voices – Jabberstroker
- Butthole Surfers – Creep in the Cellar
- Tortoise – Eros
- Prince – Dirty Mind
- Herbie Hancock – Mega Mix
- Budos Band – Old Engine Oil
- Neu – Hallogallo
- Talking Heads – No Compassion
- Pixies – Dance the Manta Ray
- The Ventures – The Mighty Quinn
- Serge Gainsbourg – Ford Mustang
- Equals – Baby Come Back
- Replacements – Lazy and White
- Butthole Surfers – Waiting for Jimmy to Kick
- Young Gun Silver Fox – Midnight in Richmond
- Fugazi – Lusty Scripps
- Iggy Pop – Nightclubbing
- David Bowie – Heroes
- Steely Dan – Monkey in Your Soul
- Rolling Stones – Citadel
- Kinks – Victoria
- Grateful Dead – Candyman
- Eric Clapton – Mainline Florida
- Big Star – September Gurls
- Replacements – Kids Don’t Follow
- Ramones – Blitzkrieg Bop
- Suicide – Ghost Rider
- Black Sabbath – Children of the Grave
- Led Zeppelin – Rock and Roll
- Curtis Mayfield – Ain’t Got Time
- Lee Perry – Wolfman
- Ventures – Flight of Fancy
- ESG – Moody (Spaced Out)
- Wire – The 15th
- The Cure – Three Imaginary Boys
- Fugazi – Arpeggiator
- Velvet Underground – Sweet Jane
- Beck – Beercan (skipped a bit)
- Neu – Negativland
- Beta Band – I Know
- Iggy Pop – Dum Dum Boys
- Black Sabbath – Sweet Leaf
- Dukes of Stratosphear – You’re My Drug
- Equals – Black Skinned Blue Eyed Boys
- Curtis Mayfield – Kung Fu
- Young Gun Silver Fox – Kingston Boogie
- Prince – When You Were Mine
- Stone Roses – Fool’s Gold
- Beatles – You Know My Name
- The Byrds – One Hundred Years from Now
- Kinks – Shangri La
- Equals – Have I the Right
- Turtles – She Always Leaves Me Laughing
- Tortoise – Seneca
- Budos Band – Arcane Rambler
- Lou Reed – Vicious
- Wire – On Returning
- Pixies – Manta Ray
- Brian Eno – Needles in the Camel’s Eye
- David Bowie – Beauty and the Beast
- Isaac Hayes – Do Your Thing
I was particularly proud of this set. It had some of my best transitions to date. And I really tried to stretch myself to connect the dots of as many different records and genres as I could.
On the walk to the gig, I started a note on my phone of a bunch of songs that would string together well, and while I didn’t end up using quite everything on the list, it was a super helpful starting point.
Theme song from this week’s stunning episode of the world’s toppermost-of-the-poppermost coffee show, Unpacking Coffee.
It was a fun set with a couple of technical issues. The recording started a bit late, ended a bit early, and there’s a ton of little skips because of the environment! But lots of fun!
Theme song from next week’s thrilling episode of the world’s premiere coffee show, Unpacking Coffee. Special thanks to Eric Lucas, on drums.
He wore glasses that covered up his eyes
She was suited in a suitable disguise
They roasted coffee, mmm the lows and highs
Dapper, dapper and wise.
If you’re divided, you balkanize
If you’re stealing, you burglarize
Well if you’re messy, you organize
Dapper, dapper and wise.
Dapper, dapper and wise…
Theme song from another stellar episode of the world’s premiere coffee show, Unpacking Coffee!